Monday, June 11, 2012

Running!

On June 9th in Streamwood, IL, Zane and I ran the Streamwood Stride 5k. It was a sunny warm morning, the race started at 8:00. I made a new personal record of 35:56 AND I got 2nd place in my age group. (There were only 6 or 7 of us in my age group, but still...) Now that's the time for me to beat next time.
There are a lot more people interested in running than I ever thought.
Right now my good friend Amanda is just starting getting into running and unfortunately our friend Sunil injured himself before the race so he couldn't join us. I run about 2x per week although I wish it were more.
Please let me know in the comments if you are a runner and what sort of running you do.
The next race I'm registered for is the Hot Chocolate 5k in November. I want to run a race in July and September too. We'll see.

4 comments:

andpointsbeyond said...

"The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back." -Franklin Jones

andpointsbeyond said...

Keep up the good work. I'll virtual cheer for your Hot Chocolate 5k! :)

Gabes said...

Go Saje GO!

That's awesome! I understand your plight, I love running. I love 20 mins in when u feel alive, I love at 40 mins when you feel like u'll die. I love pushing thru that, and feeling great when you finish your hour workout. I love it so much that as soon as I'm done I want to go again. But I hate that I don't have as much time as I want. I used to got 2-3 times/week. Now I'm stuggling to just go once. Keep it up, your body will thank u later!

Peggy DiLallo said...

Saje,
I would love to join you on a run. I am starting my training for the marathon this week. Got some issues with my feet...they are swollen. I think its because I am in very hot and humid conditions in Arkansas.(visiting family)I think once I get back home to my normal condition they will be back to normal. Give me a call and let me know what your schedule for running is,I would love to join you for a run. Also Trish Zenovich has also started running. She is a newbie!
Peggy